Total public members: 15
Method of Appointment: Direct Appointment (Mayor's Order)
2017 Appointments: 1 (Medical Provider)
Length of Appointment: 3 years
Residency: Strong preference for DC residents from all 8 wards
Paid board: No (all roles voluntarily)
The Board shall advise the Mayor, the Director of the Department of Health Care Finance, and other District agencies, regarding the implementation of secure, protected health information exchange benefiting District stakeholders in accordance with the Department of Health Care Finance ("DHCF") Health Information Exchange ("HIE") Action Plan.
The Board shall be composed of 22 members, including seven (7) District government representatives, appointed by the Mayor.
The Mayor shall appoint fourteen (15) public members representing the following:
1. The District of Columbia Primary Care Association
2. The District of Columbia Medical Society
3. District of Columbia Nurses Association
4. District of Columbia Hospital Association
5. District of Columbia Insurance Federation/Association of Health Plans
6. Four (4) representatives from the public who are not employed by a health care provider, institution or organization
7. Five (5) medical providers who provide primary care and specialty care services
8.One (1) individual with health care or information technology experience
The Mayor shall appoint representatives from the following District government agencies:
1. District of Columbia Department of Health Care Finance
2. District of Columbia Department of Health
3. District of Columbia Department of Human Services
4. District of Columbia Office of the Chief Technology Officer
5. District of Columbia Department of Mental Health
6. District of Columbia Health IT Coordinator
7. Office of the Mayor
Public members appointed to the Board shall serve for a term of three (3) years. The date on which the first Board members are sworn-in shall become the anniversary date for all subsequent appointments. Members may be appointed to fill unexpired terms as vacancies occur.
District government officials shall serve only while employed in their official positions, and shall serve at the pleasure of the Mayor. The Mayor shall appoint members to fill vacancies in unexpired terms only for the remainder of the unexpired time of the terms. A member may serve beyond the end of his or her term until reappointed or replaced by the Mayor.